U.S. Dept of Commerce/NOAA/PMEL/EPIC
EPIC Data Selection
Java Interface to EPIC Data Selection (Prototype)
Click the button below for a Java enhanced interface to
profiles residing on this server. First time users should read
this important information
before downloading the applet.
Important: For a new selection you have to return to this page
first! This is a restriction imposed by the browser's interface to Java
Finally press the search button to search the databases and
EPIC Web Browser
for your data selection.
(Again: For a new selection you MUST return to this page!)
- Select Databases: Select one (or more) DBs by double-clicking
in the list of available DBs. De-select by double-clicking in the list
of selected ones.
Data Rescue Project |
Reid/Mantyla Profiles ]
- Select Location Range: Select a region by either
dragging the mouse in the map to draw a rubber band rectangle or by
entering the values of the rectangle bounds in the fields provided.
The map can be panned by shift-dragging the mouse to center it on the
ocean of your choice.
- Enter Time Range: Enter the time range for your data selection
in the fields provided.
- Enter Required Depth Range: Enter a depth range that a profile
MUST cover to be included in the selection.
- Enter Month Sub-range: Allows for selection of seasonally
restricted data, e.g select JUN-AUG for summer data only.
- Enter String in Filename: A string occuring in the filename(s)
to be selected.
About This Applet |
About Java Efforts of the EPIC and TAO Groups
This applet was rated Top 5% by
JARS in May 1996 (Serial# B060508-4).
Stefan Zube, email@example.com
-- (Java Design, EPIC Web Browser)
Willa Zhu, firstname.lastname@example.org
-- (Database Design and Interface)
EPIC Project Home Page